Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dear Inspiration,

Hello, old friend. Remember me? Where have you been? I’ve been sitting here trying to write for weeks, but nothing good has left my pen. See? I just used the word good. It sucks. I’m starting to doubt myself. Please come back. And bring your friends, Talent, Creativity and Humor. Grammar too, I guess.

Oh, Inspiration, your absence surprises me. I’m currently heartbroken. We all know nothing writes better than a broken heart. So, where the heck are you?

Also, I think I might be unheartbroken. Ya know — fixed. It doesn’t hurt anymore when I think about it. Okay, that’s a lie. But it’s definitely gotten easier. The pain isn’t paralyzing and the constant lump in my throat has dissolved into a tiny pebble in my shoe. That’s progress. I can’t listen to any of the CDs I’ve burned in the last year and a half, but whatev, yo.

Anyway, Inspy, I hope you’ll come home soon and make silly blogs like this one obsolete. I miss you.

Your friend always,

Me

No comments: